1 1/2 large yellow squash
1 1/2 large zucchini
1 box of bow tie pasta
1 16oz ricotta cheese
8-10 fresh basil leaves
1-2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook the box of pasta as directed.
2. Cube the squash and zucchini.
3. Mince the garlic.
4. Steam the squash and zucchini.
NOTE – I use ziplock steam bags which speeds up the prep time.
NOTE – If you use the steam bag you can combine the garlic, squash and zuchini, salt & pepper, and olive oil in the bag before steaming.
5. Combine the garlic, steamed squash and zuchini, salt & pepper, and olive oil and mix well.
6. Once the pasta is cooked, combine with the steamed vegetables from the above step and mix well.
7. Finely chop the basil.
8. Mix the basil and the ricotta cheese (the mixture should be slightly green, if not you can add a little more basil).
NOTE – You can also put the ricotta cheese and basil in a food processor and pulse it.
9. Plate the pasta mix and add 4 (or to your desire) dollops of the ricotta cheese on top of the pasta mix.